Report this comment
  • "i agrea with everthing nicola78 says am not very good withe words but she didnt desver what happened to her she was a loveing girl and mum now she has had her life taken from her by that scumbag i hope the foot that he had taken of rotes very slowely and gives him the pain that my family are going through R.I.P KELLY love you alway aunity denise denise xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • This field is mandatory
  • This field is mandatory
  • Please note we will not accept reports with HTML tags or URLs in them.

  • Enter the above word in the box below

Man arrested following death of Farnworth mum

Man arrested following death of Farnworth mum

Man arrested following death of Farnworth mum

First published in News
Last updated

A man has been arrested on suspicion of the murder of a Farnworth mother.

The 35-year-old was arrested today in The Hague, Netherlands, by Dutch police working with Greater Manchester officers and the Serious Organised Crime Agency.

The arrest follows the murder of Kelly Davies who was found stabbed to death at her home in Queen Street, Farnworth, early on Monday.

Detective Inspector Chris Bridge said: "Our thoughts remain with Kelly's family, with whom we have been in regular contact since this tragic incident.

"Over the last few days, we have had to work very closely with the Serious Organised Crime Agency and our counterparts in the Netherlands, and we are very grateful to them for their assistance.

"Our inquiries are very much ongoing and it would be inappropriate to comment further."

Kelly's devastated family paid tribute to her earlier this week.

In a statement, Ms Davies’ family said: “Kelly had a very happy childhood and had many friends. She dealt with many difficulties in her life, including the loss of her mother and father.

“We were very proud of the way she had started to turn her life around and it is so sad she has now been taken from us.

“Her three children, along with the rest of our family, will miss her so much.”

A police cordon had been in place outside Miss Davies’ home for more than two days while forensic experts examined the scene.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree