Muamba blasts 'bunch of idiots' in Bolton Wanderers' boardroom
FABRICE Muamba has appeared to hit out at Bolton Wanderers following Tuesday night’s home defeat to Huddersfield.
A series of tweets on his official Twitter account criticised the team, the players and the people who run the club.
The tweets, which were deleted the following morning, included describing the people in the Wanderers boardroom as “a bunch of idiots” and the current team as having too many average players.
One tweet said the Bolton fans deserve better than what they are getting and that “it seems everybody can beat Bolton these days”.
When pressed by a follower on whether he had ever been offered a job at the club, the response was “never ever”.
The Bolton News has contacted Muamba, who has more than half a million followers on Twitter, but he has so far declined to comment on the tweets.
A message later appeared on his account saying: "Didn't mean to upset anyone last night. I'm just passionate about the club and want them to do well!"
The authenticity of the tweets has not been verified.
Wanderers have so far declined to comment.
- Friends and family pay respects at funeral of tragic hanged teenager Aleysha Rothwell
- Trusted Prestons employee 'stole £30,000 from jeweller'
- Homeless man missing for a month after walking out of Royal Bolton Hospital
- UPDATED: Car park cabin destroyed in arson attack
- 15-year-old girl 'was raped while she played on XBox'
Comments are closed on this article.