Comments (20)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

2:25pm Sat 22 Feb 14

liss white says...

Big game today and fancy us to sneak it 2-1. On another matter, disappointed to read that the Dyrestram deal as fallen through. Whilst I fully understand that we dont have that sort of money, the cynic in me asks didn't we know that at the start and is this just another example of the PR machine working hard to keep the fans happy that we are trying to sign a left back?!?
Big game today and fancy us to sneak it 2-1. On another matter, disappointed to read that the Dyrestram deal as fallen through. Whilst I fully understand that we dont have that sort of money, the cynic in me asks didn't we know that at the start and is this just another example of the PR machine working hard to keep the fans happy that we are trying to sign a left back?!? liss white
  • Score: 5

2:57pm Sat 22 Feb 14

boltonnut says...

Two up front,I didn't know Dougie Eff.could count that high.COYWM do it for the fans.
Two up front,I didn't know Dougie Eff.could count that high.COYWM do it for the fans. boltonnut
  • Score: -2

3:01pm Sat 22 Feb 14

Liam bwfc says...

Two more loan players starting. Can't see any team spirt when we always have loan players playing.
Two more loan players starting. Can't see any team spirt when we always have loan players playing. Liam bwfc
  • Score: -38

3:34pm Sat 22 Feb 14

Liamdog says...

I greee with Lisa, how come we didn't know the financial situation before Dymitri or whatever he's called trial ! Another sham loci managerial farce. STILL no left back !
I greee with Lisa, how come we didn't know the financial situation before Dymitri or whatever he's called trial ! Another sham loci managerial farce. STILL no left back ! Liamdog
  • Score: -34

3:41pm Sat 22 Feb 14

JustaBloke2000 says...

Liam bwfc wrote:
Two more loan players starting. Can't see any team spirt when we always have loan players playing.
Like we've never had loan players in the team, eh?
[quote][p][bold]Liam bwfc[/bold] wrote: Two more loan players starting. Can't see any team spirt when we always have loan players playing.[/p][/quote]Like we've never had loan players in the team, eh? JustaBloke2000
  • Score: 40

3:43pm Sat 22 Feb 14

JustaBloke2000 says...

Liamdog wrote:
I greee with Lisa, how come we didn't know the financial situation before Dymitri or whatever he's called trial ! Another sham loci managerial farce. STILL no left back !
Gothenburg could've waived the fee, or negotiated getting cash at a later date, but when it came to the crunch and negotiations kicked off they wanted the dev. fee up front. Not the fault of DF at all that one, pick holes elsewhere.
[quote][p][bold]Liamdog[/bold] wrote: I greee with Lisa, how come we didn't know the financial situation before Dymitri or whatever he's called trial ! Another sham loci managerial farce. STILL no left back ![/p][/quote]Gothenburg could've waived the fee, or negotiated getting cash at a later date, but when it came to the crunch and negotiations kicked off they wanted the dev. fee up front. Not the fault of DF at all that one, pick holes elsewhere. JustaBloke2000
  • Score: 35

3:49pm Sat 22 Feb 14

JustaBloke2000 says...

Two loan players have scored! Shocking! Don't they realise they're not supposed to be putting any passion or effort into playing for us?!
Two loan players have scored! Shocking! Don't they realise they're not supposed to be putting any passion or effort into playing for us?! JustaBloke2000
  • Score: 32

4:18pm Sat 22 Feb 14

Liamdog says...

Justabloke were do you want me to start, With the left back position, the overload in central midfielders, the lack of team spirit, the passion, the decreasing crowds the lack of giving youth a try, the treatment of Kevin Davies, the lack of comment From des noir management, the way we defend corners, The fact today were leading 2 nil as we're finally playing two up front as the fans have been saying all season,
Any decent management of any company would finalise confirm and eliminate any obstacles before a potential contract would be considered you muppet.
Justabloke were do you want me to start, With the left back position, the overload in central midfielders, the lack of team spirit, the passion, the decreasing crowds the lack of giving youth a try, the treatment of Kevin Davies, the lack of comment From des noir management, the way we defend corners, The fact today were leading 2 nil as we're finally playing two up front as the fans have been saying all season, Any decent management of any company would finalise confirm and eliminate any obstacles before a potential contract would be considered you muppet. Liamdog
  • Score: -24

4:23pm Sat 22 Feb 14

boltonnut says...

Why is Ream takings corners?..........JU
ST A QUESTION.
Why is Ream takings corners?..........JU ST A QUESTION. boltonnut
  • Score: -4

4:30pm Sat 22 Feb 14

JustaBloke2000 says...

Liamdog wrote:
Justabloke were do you want me to start, With the left back position, the overload in central midfielders, the lack of team spirit, the passion, the decreasing crowds the lack of giving youth a try, the treatment of Kevin Davies, the lack of comment From des noir management, the way we defend corners, The fact today were leading 2 nil as we're finally playing two up front as the fans have been saying all season,
Any decent management of any company would finalise confirm and eliminate any obstacles before a potential contract would be considered you muppet.
This is football, you muppet! Business dealings in the real world and the football world are two different matters. Unattached players are trialled before contracts negotiated - that fact that he's unattached and should therefore be available on a free would mean that, common sense prevailing, Gothenburg shouldn't have required a development fee until an actual transfer fee materialised - it's in their interests to not mention wanting a dev. fee up front until negotiations are entered into so as not to scare any potential suitors off!
The fans could be pointed at as being to blame for a lot of the lack of passion because we're possibly the most fickle set of fans on the planet! We don't support, we harangue!
[quote][p][bold]Liamdog[/bold] wrote: Justabloke were do you want me to start, With the left back position, the overload in central midfielders, the lack of team spirit, the passion, the decreasing crowds the lack of giving youth a try, the treatment of Kevin Davies, the lack of comment From des noir management, the way we defend corners, The fact today were leading 2 nil as we're finally playing two up front as the fans have been saying all season, Any decent management of any company would finalise confirm and eliminate any obstacles before a potential contract would be considered you muppet.[/p][/quote]This is football, you muppet! Business dealings in the real world and the football world are two different matters. Unattached players are trialled before contracts negotiated - that fact that he's unattached and should therefore be available on a free would mean that, common sense prevailing, Gothenburg shouldn't have required a development fee until an actual transfer fee materialised - it's in their interests to not mention wanting a dev. fee up front until negotiations are entered into so as not to scare any potential suitors off! The fans could be pointed at as being to blame for a lot of the lack of passion because we're possibly the most fickle set of fans on the planet! We don't support, we harangue! JustaBloke2000
  • Score: 25

4:45pm Sat 22 Feb 14

Liamdog says...

JustaBloke2000 wrote:
Liamdog wrote:
Justabloke were do you want me to start, With the left back position, the overload in central midfielders, the lack of team spirit, the passion, the decreasing crowds the lack of giving youth a try, the treatment of Kevin Davies, the lack of comment From des noir management, the way we defend corners, The fact today were leading 2 nil as we're finally playing two up front as the fans have been saying all season,
Any decent management of any company would finalise confirm and eliminate any obstacles before a potential contract would be considered you muppet.
This is football, you muppet! Business dealings in the real world and the football world are two different matters. Unattached players are trialled before contracts negotiated - that fact that he's unattached and should therefore be available on a free would mean that, common sense prevailing, Gothenburg shouldn't have required a development fee until an actual transfer fee materialised - it's in their interests to not mention wanting a dev. fee up front until negotiations are entered into so as not to scare any potential suitors off!
The fans could be pointed at as being to blame for a lot of the lack of passion because we're possibly the most fickle set of fans on the planet! We don't support, we harangue!
Some don't support, some will be sat in an armchair as we speak rather than down here supporting the team!
How can business in the real world and the football world be two different matters, I suggest you ask any Portsmouth Director are the two connected! What sort of management would expect Gothenburg not to want a development fee ? Had the roles been reversed would we not!
I don't recall slack of passion from the fans at Wembley on that disastrous day or the lack of passion at this seasons away games.
[quote][p][bold]JustaBloke2000[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Liamdog[/bold] wrote: Justabloke were do you want me to start, With the left back position, the overload in central midfielders, the lack of team spirit, the passion, the decreasing crowds the lack of giving youth a try, the treatment of Kevin Davies, the lack of comment From des noir management, the way we defend corners, The fact today were leading 2 nil as we're finally playing two up front as the fans have been saying all season, Any decent management of any company would finalise confirm and eliminate any obstacles before a potential contract would be considered you muppet.[/p][/quote]This is football, you muppet! Business dealings in the real world and the football world are two different matters. Unattached players are trialled before contracts negotiated - that fact that he's unattached and should therefore be available on a free would mean that, common sense prevailing, Gothenburg shouldn't have required a development fee until an actual transfer fee materialised - it's in their interests to not mention wanting a dev. fee up front until negotiations are entered into so as not to scare any potential suitors off! The fans could be pointed at as being to blame for a lot of the lack of passion because we're possibly the most fickle set of fans on the planet! We don't support, we harangue![/p][/quote]Some don't support, some will be sat in an armchair as we speak rather than down here supporting the team! How can business in the real world and the football world be two different matters, I suggest you ask any Portsmouth Director are the two connected! What sort of management would expect Gothenburg not to want a development fee ? Had the roles been reversed would we not! I don't recall slack of passion from the fans at Wembley on that disastrous day or the lack of passion at this seasons away games. Liamdog
  • Score: -13

5:01pm Sat 22 Feb 14

JustaBloke2000 says...

Liamdog wrote:
JustaBloke2000 wrote:
Liamdog wrote:
Justabloke were do you want me to start, With the left back position, the overload in central midfielders, the lack of team spirit, the passion, the decreasing crowds the lack of giving youth a try, the treatment of Kevin Davies, the lack of comment From des noir management, the way we defend corners, The fact today were leading 2 nil as we're finally playing two up front as the fans have been saying all season,
Any decent management of any company would finalise confirm and eliminate any obstacles before a potential contract would be considered you muppet.
This is football, you muppet! Business dealings in the real world and the football world are two different matters. Unattached players are trialled before contracts negotiated - that fact that he's unattached and should therefore be available on a free would mean that, common sense prevailing, Gothenburg shouldn't have required a development fee until an actual transfer fee materialised - it's in their interests to not mention wanting a dev. fee up front until negotiations are entered into so as not to scare any potential suitors off!
The fans could be pointed at as being to blame for a lot of the lack of passion because we're possibly the most fickle set of fans on the planet! We don't support, we harangue!
Some don't support, some will be sat in an armchair as we speak rather than down here supporting the team!
How can business in the real world and the football world be two different matters, I suggest you ask any Portsmouth Director are the two connected! What sort of management would expect Gothenburg not to want a development fee ? Had the roles been reversed would we not!
I don't recall slack of passion from the fans at Wembley on that disastrous day or the lack of passion at this seasons away games.
Some of us work Saturdays, if you feel like playing that card. Some of us are also based 300+ miles away.
As for business practices, I suggest you look at the process of buying/signing players with the myriad of clauses, pay-off schemes and the like as well as transfer windows and compensation pay-offs and the many other things that come into play and tell me that they work just like any other business?
Dyrestram is unattached - we didn't even have to deal with Gothenburg until it came to cash being involved and I've already said that it was at their discretion as to how they took their development fees, which is usually a percentage of future transfer fees. There was no point going into contract talks at the begining of the week if the player had ended up being a pup!
[quote][p][bold]Liamdog[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]JustaBloke2000[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Liamdog[/bold] wrote: Justabloke were do you want me to start, With the left back position, the overload in central midfielders, the lack of team spirit, the passion, the decreasing crowds the lack of giving youth a try, the treatment of Kevin Davies, the lack of comment From des noir management, the way we defend corners, The fact today were leading 2 nil as we're finally playing two up front as the fans have been saying all season, Any decent management of any company would finalise confirm and eliminate any obstacles before a potential contract would be considered you muppet.[/p][/quote]This is football, you muppet! Business dealings in the real world and the football world are two different matters. Unattached players are trialled before contracts negotiated - that fact that he's unattached and should therefore be available on a free would mean that, common sense prevailing, Gothenburg shouldn't have required a development fee until an actual transfer fee materialised - it's in their interests to not mention wanting a dev. fee up front until negotiations are entered into so as not to scare any potential suitors off! The fans could be pointed at as being to blame for a lot of the lack of passion because we're possibly the most fickle set of fans on the planet! We don't support, we harangue![/p][/quote]Some don't support, some will be sat in an armchair as we speak rather than down here supporting the team! How can business in the real world and the football world be two different matters, I suggest you ask any Portsmouth Director are the two connected! What sort of management would expect Gothenburg not to want a development fee ? Had the roles been reversed would we not! I don't recall slack of passion from the fans at Wembley on that disastrous day or the lack of passion at this seasons away games.[/p][/quote]Some of us work Saturdays, if you feel like playing that card. Some of us are also based 300+ miles away. As for business practices, I suggest you look at the process of buying/signing players with the myriad of clauses, pay-off schemes and the like as well as transfer windows and compensation pay-offs and the many other things that come into play and tell me that they work just like any other business? Dyrestram is unattached - we didn't even have to deal with Gothenburg until it came to cash being involved and I've already said that it was at their discretion as to how they took their development fees, which is usually a percentage of future transfer fees. There was no point going into contract talks at the begining of the week if the player had ended up being a pup! JustaBloke2000
  • Score: 13

5:14pm Sat 22 Feb 14

Liamdog says...

Some of us also have buisness,s to run 24/7 i yet still make time and effort to attend!.Armchair fans are always experts. Easy to blame the fans when you don't pay your and sit and watch poor fair. Of course not all all transfer dealings can be compared to normal every day buisness constraints, however basic principles can should and do ! Me thinks your missing the point my part time supporting friend.
Any from someone who actually attended today. Who has actually seen how on some occasions we have been abysmal this season and sympathises with the disgruntled fans I can confirm we played well today the best we've been all season. We are not the most fickle fans we wouldn't have paid our lifeline to save the club once upon a time and still be here were we so fickle! Enjoy your cuppa in the warm.
Some of us also have buisness,s to run 24/7 i yet still make time and effort to attend!.Armchair fans are always experts. Easy to blame the fans when you don't pay your and sit and watch poor fair. Of course not all all transfer dealings can be compared to normal every day buisness constraints, however basic principles can should and do ! Me thinks your missing the point my part time supporting friend. Any from someone who actually attended today. Who has actually seen how on some occasions we have been abysmal this season and sympathises with the disgruntled fans I can confirm we played well today the best we've been all season. We are not the most fickle fans we wouldn't have paid our lifeline to save the club once upon a time and still be here were we so fickle! Enjoy your cuppa in the warm. Liamdog
  • Score: -9

5:50pm Sat 22 Feb 14

JustaBloke2000 says...

It wasn't a cuppa in the warm, my fatuous friend. Some of us have work commitments to teams on the south coast which make it extremely difficult to get to games though I still have a season ticket and have had, continuously, since 1997. The times I can't attend I let family members use it. I've followed BWFC for 36 years and have seen us in far worse states than this!
It doesn't take much work to scratch the surface of what really goes on in the football world, I recommend you give it a try rather than believing terrace talk and online banter. Start with a level 1 coaching badge, takes no time to achieve, opens the doors to other possibilities and certainly opens your eyes to things, including a better understanding of the game and what goes on behind the scenes. Might even lead to paid opportunities, if you follow up with the higher level badges and keep networking. Certainly did for me.
It wasn't a cuppa in the warm, my fatuous friend. Some of us have work commitments to teams on the south coast which make it extremely difficult to get to games though I still have a season ticket and have had, continuously, since 1997. The times I can't attend I let family members use it. I've followed BWFC for 36 years and have seen us in far worse states than this! It doesn't take much work to scratch the surface of what really goes on in the football world, I recommend you give it a try rather than believing terrace talk and online banter. Start with a level 1 coaching badge, takes no time to achieve, opens the doors to other possibilities and certainly opens your eyes to things, including a better understanding of the game and what goes on behind the scenes. Might even lead to paid opportunities, if you follow up with the higher level badges and keep networking. Certainly did for me. JustaBloke2000
  • Score: 9

6:23pm Sat 22 Feb 14

Liamdog says...

Season ticket holder since 1981 so probably seemn much harder times than you. Weren't many of us at burnden only about 4000 at one time. Held a Uefa b coaching badge back in the early nineties and coached for local proffesional academy teams. As for making a few quid I employ 60 people so doing ok thank you! . Gained a very good background and understanding of the game. What I take exception to is Wanderers fans being labelled fickle. It is my experience that most are passionate about our club and have every right to comment when not satisfied.
Season ticket holder since 1981 so probably seemn much harder times than you. Weren't many of us at burnden only about 4000 at one time. Held a Uefa b coaching badge back in the early nineties and coached for local proffesional academy teams. As for making a few quid I employ 60 people so doing ok thank you! . Gained a very good background and understanding of the game. What I take exception to is Wanderers fans being labelled fickle. It is my experience that most are passionate about our club and have every right to comment when not satisfied. Liamdog
  • Score: 2

6:33pm Sat 22 Feb 14

Beyond News Forum says...

Just got back from the game. I will tell you all now that that was a totally different game. You could see what was missing but that being said for all Watford's huffing and puffing we seemed to have the measure on them today. Juke reminds me of SKD in his day - physical with a good eye. Mason had a fantastic game and Sparky was allowed to play his game. Bogdan pulled off a couple of crucial saves, and Medo seemed to have a much better flow to his game. Now if DF is as good as he says he is, then that is what he needs to be doing week in week out as it really did click.

We were more physical, we were a lot cheekier, and we kept them waiting after half time to come out of the tunnel. A saw a lot more of the old psychology today. We got to the opposition instead of allowing them to beat us up and run rings around us.

Well dome BWFC - this was a turning point from where I was sat. Even the GF (who actually bullies me into going to the match lol) was jumping off her seat - so credit to y'all.

As for Tim Ream taking corners, he did well. There were a lot of man of the match performances today, every single one of the lads chipped in and threw everything at Watford. This was more like it and what we all have been hoping to see.

And it was good to hear "we are the one and only Wanderers" being sung again - which reminds me - what happened to the Reebok Rhythm band?
Just got back from the game. I will tell you all now that that was a totally different game. You could see what was missing but that being said for all Watford's huffing and puffing we seemed to have the measure on them today. Juke reminds me of SKD in his day - physical with a good eye. Mason had a fantastic game and Sparky was allowed to play his game. Bogdan pulled off a couple of crucial saves, and Medo seemed to have a much better flow to his game. Now if DF is as good as he says he is, then that is what he needs to be doing week in week out as it really did click. We were more physical, we were a lot cheekier, and we kept them waiting after half time to come out of the tunnel. A saw a lot more of the old psychology today. We got to the opposition instead of allowing them to beat us up and run rings around us. Well dome BWFC - this was a turning point from where I was sat. Even the GF (who actually bullies me into going to the match lol) was jumping off her seat - so credit to y'all. As for Tim Ream taking corners, he did well. There were a lot of man of the match performances today, every single one of the lads chipped in and threw everything at Watford. This was more like it and what we all have been hoping to see. And it was good to hear "we are the one and only Wanderers" being sung again - which reminds me - what happened to the Reebok Rhythm band? Beyond News Forum
  • Score: 4

6:34pm Sat 22 Feb 14

Beyond News Forum says...

Sorry guys post match beer lol (typos)
Sorry guys post match beer lol (typos) Beyond News Forum
  • Score: 1

7:38pm Sat 22 Feb 14

Reebok Al says...

We don't know the full story about the failure to sign Mkael Dyrestam, but considering the way we missed out on Goran Popov, it gives the unfortunate impression that people at the Reebok don't know what they're doing.
The time to bring in another left back was last summer. As Dougie Freedman himself said just days ago about MarcTierey's absence - "Any other position and we'd have been covered."
Exactly.
We don't know the full story about the failure to sign Mkael Dyrestam, but considering the way we missed out on Goran Popov, it gives the unfortunate impression that people at the Reebok don't know what they're doing. The time to bring in another left back was last summer. As Dougie Freedman himself said just days ago about MarcTierey's absence - "Any other position and we'd have been covered." Exactly. Reebok Al
  • Score: 3

12:38pm Mon 24 Feb 14

JustaBloke2000 says...

Liamdog wrote:
Season ticket holder since 1981 so probably seemn much harder times than you. Weren't many of us at burnden only about 4000 at one time. Held a Uefa b coaching badge back in the early nineties and coached for local proffesional academy teams. As for making a few quid I employ 60 people so doing ok thank you! . Gained a very good background and understanding of the game. What I take exception to is Wanderers fans being labelled fickle. It is my experience that most are passionate about our club and have every right to comment when not satisfied.
I said I'd followed BWFC for 36 years - I've been going to matches since the 77-78 season. I didn't have a season ticket in those days because, frankly, I didn't feel the need and still went to most games at Burnden and I never questioned your mighty work empire, simply stated that progression of coaching badges can lead to paid opportunities.
[quote][p][bold]Liamdog[/bold] wrote: Season ticket holder since 1981 so probably seemn much harder times than you. Weren't many of us at burnden only about 4000 at one time. Held a Uefa b coaching badge back in the early nineties and coached for local proffesional academy teams. As for making a few quid I employ 60 people so doing ok thank you! . Gained a very good background and understanding of the game. What I take exception to is Wanderers fans being labelled fickle. It is my experience that most are passionate about our club and have every right to comment when not satisfied.[/p][/quote]I said I'd followed BWFC for 36 years - I've been going to matches since the 77-78 season. I didn't have a season ticket in those days because, frankly, I didn't feel the need and still went to most games at Burnden and I never questioned your mighty work empire, simply stated that progression of coaching badges can lead to paid opportunities. JustaBloke2000
  • Score: 0

7:40pm Mon 24 Feb 14

Liamdog says...

JustaBloke2000 wrote:
Liamdog wrote:
Season ticket holder since 1981 so probably seemn much harder times than you. Weren't many of us at burnden only about 4000 at one time. Held a Uefa b coaching badge back in the early nineties and coached for local proffesional academy teams. As for making a few quid I employ 60 people so doing ok thank you! . Gained a very good background and understanding of the game. What I take exception to is Wanderers fans being labelled fickle. It is my experience that most are passionate about our club and have every right to comment when not satisfied.
I said I'd followed BWFC for 36 years - I've been going to matches since the 77-78 season. I didn't have a season ticket in those days because, frankly, I didn't feel the need and still went to most games at Burnden and I never questioned your mighty work empire, simply stated that progression of coaching badges can lead to paid opportunities.
You need to get more. Wouldn't have commented if I knew it would upset you and spoil your weekend. Still at least you may have seen some of the low times.as well as me if not for quite as long. ( regular since 72 ) Wouldn't describe my work. as empire more successful but thank you anyway! Take on board your point about the coaching badges however I was merely pointing I have experience too . Although some badges and some roles aren't always overly financially rewarding.
[quote][p][bold]JustaBloke2000[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Liamdog[/bold] wrote: Season ticket holder since 1981 so probably seemn much harder times than you. Weren't many of us at burnden only about 4000 at one time. Held a Uefa b coaching badge back in the early nineties and coached for local proffesional academy teams. As for making a few quid I employ 60 people so doing ok thank you! . Gained a very good background and understanding of the game. What I take exception to is Wanderers fans being labelled fickle. It is my experience that most are passionate about our club and have every right to comment when not satisfied.[/p][/quote]I said I'd followed BWFC for 36 years - I've been going to matches since the 77-78 season. I didn't have a season ticket in those days because, frankly, I didn't feel the need and still went to most games at Burnden and I never questioned your mighty work empire, simply stated that progression of coaching badges can lead to paid opportunities.[/p][/quote]You need to get more. Wouldn't have commented if I knew it would upset you and spoil your weekend. Still at least you may have seen some of the low times.as well as me if not for quite as long. ( regular since 72 ) Wouldn't describe my work. as empire more successful but thank you anyway! Take on board your point about the coaching badges however I was merely pointing I have experience too . Although some badges and some roles aren't always overly financially rewarding. Liamdog
  • Score: 1

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree