AMIR Khan hopes Barack Obama will be ringside for his world title clash with Lamont Peterson in Washington.
The IBF and WBA lightwelterweight champion has invited the US President to the December 10 showdown.
Khan met Secretary of State Hilary Clinton at the White House last month at a dinner with America’s leading Muslim sportsmen on the 10th anniversary of the 9/11 atrocities.
The Bolton superstar did not meet Obama then – but has asked him if he would like to attend his next fight.
“I went to the White House and it was brilliant,” said Khan. “It was an amazing experience. I got to meet Hilary Clinton. I didn’t think she would have even heard of me but she knew exactly who I
was and wished me all the best.
“There was talk about a meeting with Barack but I didn’t, so I’ve invited him to the fight. “Hopefully we can arrange that.”
Khan has been based in Los Angeles at Freddie Roach’s Wild Card Gym for two years now and is big news across the Atlantic after a string of thrilling fights in Las Vegas.
And the 24-year-old has promised the President more fireworks against Peterson in what will be his fifth fight Stateside.
He said: “It will be explosive.
Peterson has been in with some big games and is very strong.
“He drew with Victor Ortiz and the only guy to beat him is Timothy Bradley, so it will be tough test but I’ve got the skills to beat him.”
Khan’s battle with mandatory challenger Peterson, aged 27, will be his last at 140lbs before he moves up a weight to set up a mega-fight with Floyd Mayweather Jr.
“There’s no one out there who wants to fight me,” said Khan, who flies back to America on Thursday.
“I put the fight to Erik Morales and he turned it down, I put the fight to Bradley and he turned it down for a second time.
“The deals we were offering would’ve been the biggest pay days of their careers, so I’m going to move up to 147lbs because I’m frustrated I can’t get any fights at this weight.”